Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!
The last week has been CRAZY! San Diego was fun, we did a city tour, went to the zoo, and went to Ocean Beach. My favorite was Ocean Beach, the people there were all so crazy and different and the little strip of shops that lead to the beach was great. The pier there was also amazing; it is the longest pier on the west coast.
Saturday morning was definitely a hectic one. We were all packed and ready to go at 6:45 so I decided to call BOA to notify them of my international travels and they locked my account cause I couldnt answer some of their stupid questions! So I was very stressed about that and was told I had to go to BOA banking center, there is only 1 in Hawaii! Or I could fax all this info to them. So I faxed all the info when I got on the boat and Im still going to go to the banking center when we get to Hawaii cause its next to Walmart and we need to go there to get a couple things we forgot.
After that dilemma we made our way to the shuttle. We left our bags in the area we were suppose to and got ready to board our shuttle. I had to say bye to my daddy and that was sad and I didnt want to cry so I made it short and sweet ☺. I didnt sit with anyone on the bus but talked to some girls sitting in front of me. The ride to Ensenada was about two hours including the boarder crossing. We took the scenic route and the coast was GORGEOUS. There were hills and mountains and the coast, it was all breath taking. Once we got to Ensenada we saw the ship and all got very excited! We had to go through a couple steps to get on the boat and when we finally got our IDs we headed onto the ship. Me and Kaylas cabin number is 3130 and our area on the ship is called The Caribbean Sea. I got to the room first and both of Kaylas bags were here and only one of mine was but they were still bringing tons of bags in so I wasnt worried. Kayla finally arrived and we started unpacking. I kept looking for my bag but I always found nothing outside our door. When we were done unpacking we decided to check out the ship. We met up with Marissa who we know from Boston, she goes to Simmons, and decided to venture off the ship and go look at the little shop right outside the ship. Nothing was too exciting so we got back on the ship. My bag was still missing. After tons of orientations and dinner we finally set sail. It was SO exciting; everyone was yelling and clapping as we got escorted out of the harbor. We came back to the room to find my bag had not arrived. Very upset, I went to the Pursers desk and complained and said they would find it overnight and Id have it in the morning. I grabbed some seasick pills off the desk and went to find Kayla. Just as I found her was when the seas were getting rough. I took my pills as a precaution but Kayla was already pretty sick. After more orientations we were exhausted and went to bed.
The day before classes was just like the day before; rough seas and orientation. Very boring, but meeting new people is always fun and that is all weve been doing ☺.
Today was the first day of classes and it was very exciting! I had Global Studies which was kind of boring but it was also still interesting to find out about what we will be doing this semester in that class. The next class I had was Cross- Cultural Perspectives of Families, which I think I am going to love. The professor seems amazing and the course work looks so interesting. Tonight we had the rockiest seas weve had yet, at dinner a stack of plates went tumbling over at dinner along with about 30 cups of water set up outside. I literally was sliding across the deck trying to eat. I finished all my homework pretty fast and now Kayla and I are sitting in the room wishing I had brought my Nip/Tuck dvds.
Hopefully Ill be able to write again soon!
<3!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment